100% Surface Scans
Automated corrosion mapping employs multiple ultrasonic techniques to:
- perform a 100% surface scan of equipment
- produce a detailed map of the corrosion experienced by equipment
- size the length, width, depth, and orientation of defects.
The software used by TechCorr for automated corrosion mapping, RSTRENG®, provides fitness-for-service (FFS) assessments. The U.S. Department of Transportation accepts this as an evaluation technology.
Advantages to TechCorr’s automated corrosion mapping include:
- speed—Our probes can take thickness readings at the rate of up to 20” per second.
- durability—Our scanners can work in temperatures as high as high as 750°F (400°C).
- repeatability—Scans are easily repeatable so you can track flaw growth or corrosion rates both generally and for individual defects.
- safety—In-service testing minimizes the need for costly and hazardous internal entry.
Automated corrosion mapping applications include in-service scanning of:
- tank walls
- fractionation towers
- steel plates
- pipes with a diameter greater than 8”.
- in-line inspection validations.
TechCorr’s automated corrosion mapping reports provide scale AutoCAD drawings with C-Scans superimposed, allowing easy reference to the location of defects and providing an excellent visual sense of defect size and morphology.