API 653 and EEMUA 159 Inspections, No Downtime
With a combination of highly skilled personnel and a robotic tank floor inspection system, TechCorr provides API 653- and EEMUA 159-compliant inspections of above ground storage tanks without the risk, cost, or hassle of removing tanks from service.
Following API 653 and EEMUA 159 guidelines, our inspections include detailed analyses of all aspects of the tank’s:
- internal floor
- tank shell
- nozzles and appurtenances
- fixed roof.
Additionally, our analysts provide calculations for the:
- safe-fill height
- hydrostatic test height
- time frame for subsequent inspections.
The Robotic Inspector
The key to TechCorr’s in-service inspections is our robotic inspection system, a remotely controlled hydraulic robot specifically designed to inspect in-service tank floor bottoms. System features include:
- an array of 8 ultrasonic transducers that collects thickness measurements every .1” (2.54 mm)
- a sludge removal vacuum system that cleans the tank floor as the robot inspects
- a video system mounted on the robot that allows for a visual inspection of the internal roof
- a compact design so that the system needs only a 20” (508 mm) portal for deployment.
Safe and Efficient
Advantages to in-service tank inspection include:
- no tank downtime
- no pre-inspection cleaning
- no product downgrade due to material transfer
- no safety risk to human inspectors entering the tank
- no environmental risk from emptying tanks.