Accurate Wall Thickness
An internal rotary inspection system (IRIS) is primarily used to detect extremely accurate wall thickness measurements. It can be applied on tubes of any material and is commonly used in conjunction with other tubular testing methods.
Because of the high sensitivity of IRIS, tubes must be exceptionally clean and free of scale and debris. A water source with pressure between 60 psi and 125 psi is also required for this method to be used.
The Best Crews in the Business
The TechCorr difference is our highly trained crews. They work efficiently and report quickly.
They are unique in the industry in that they consist of:
- a two-person team to perform the inspection
- an additional technician to analyze results on-site.
The result is we can typically provide:
- an initial report on the day of inspection
- a final report that is delivered in days, not weeks.
Our crews are trained in a variety of tubular testing techniques so they can perform complementary inspections, providing the most comprehensive service possible. Other techniques include:
Thorough Reports, Fully Explained
Reports are only useful when the customer understands them fully.
TechCorr ensures our customers understand our reports by:
- explaining initial reports on the day of inspection
- providing a timeline for final report delivery
- conducting an exit interview to answer all questions.
TechCorr’s goal is to provide excellent service and exceed the industry standard.
IRIS can be used with any type of material.
accurate wall thickness, pitting, corrosion
Inner Diameter/Outer Diameter Recognition
IRIS can distinguish between ID and OD.
Outer Diameter Range
.5” – 3” (OD less than .75” requires special equipment)
Wall Thickness Range
.049” – .500”
Production Rate of Three Person Crew
Up to 350 20’ tubes / 8 hour shift
Site Preperation Information
- clean tubes exceptionally well as this method produces extremely accurate measurements (15,000-20,000 psi hydro-blasting is recommended)
- provide a water source with water pressure between 60 psi and 125psi
- provide 110 VAC power source
- provide scaffolding and/or cover for equipment.
- equipment number
- service name
- total number of tubes
- percentage of tubes for inspection
- tube material
- tube outer diameter
- tube wall thickness or gauge
- tube length
- access requirements to exchanger
- special safety requirements
- suspected or predicted damage
- tube side service
- shell side service