In-Service or Out-of-Service
TechCorr provides expert API 653- and EEMUA 159-compliant inspections of above ground storage tanks both:
Our team consists of highly trained technicians, analysts, and inspectors, along with a state-of-the-art robotic inspection system.
Following API 653 and EEMUA 159 guidelines, our inspections include detailed analyses of all aspects of the tank’s:
- internal floor
- tank shell
- nozzles and appurtenances
- fixed roof.
Additionally, our analysts provide calculations for the:
- safe-fill height
- hydrostatic test height
- time frame for subsequent inspections.
To ensure accurate and thorough data collection, our teams use a variety of inspection techniques, including:
- visual inspections
- B-scan ultrasonic testing
- pit gauging
- vacuum box testing
- magnetic flux leakage (MFL) scanning
- wet fluorescent magnetic particle (WFMP) testing
- diesel testing
- automated corrosion mapping
- 3D digital reconstruction inspection and integrity analysis.
The key to TechCorr’s in-service inspections is our robotic inspection system, a remotely controlled hydraulic robot specifically designed to inspect in-service tank floor bottoms. System features include:
- an array of 8 ultrasonic transducers that collects thickness measurements every .1” (2.54 mm)
- a sludge removal vacuum system that cleans the tank floor as the robot inspects
- a video system mounted on the robot that allows for a visual inspection of the internal roof
- a compact design so that the system needs only a 20” (508 mm) portal for deployment.